Friday, November 25, 2011

Alone with my lil guy

Continue from previous post:


Day 2: DH tried to hung around and help with our lil guy in the morning after that it was just the both of us. He was not too happy I think he knows is just boring mummy. Popo is no where to be found!!@_@ he was pretty whiny. I think he's not stimulated enough hence he was not that tired and didn't nap much at all. I did take him out to get some groceries but that was not enough to make him tired apparently. In the evening as I was about to take him for a walk his godma got home and joined us for our evening stroll. He managed to nap bout 30mins during our 1.5hrs walk when we got home daddy was home so we pretty much entertain him from then! Phew! Thank god!


Day 3: since it was a Saturday and daddy didn't have to go work he can entertain his lil guy. DH helped feed him as even managed to put him down for a nap ( he normally ends up playing with him and half an hr later I'm left to put a cranky boy to take his nap!)he slept for two hours then we headed to the woodlands to walk around at their pavilion and the mall. After that we went for dinner with aunt L and uncle R. We went to furrs buffet because the first time I went there it was really good but Saturday was such a dissapointment! Doubt I'll ever go there again. Our lil man was bored waiting for us and was no very happy. Luckily I found a bake sweet potato and was able to give him that since I've already introduced sweet potato to him. Got home at about 6ish daddy bath him(another achievement of daddy to bath him alone) while I took my bath quick. I was so tired from the walking I went to bed with lil man at 8pm!! Felt good though :)


Day 4: Once again daddy was here to help since it was Sunday! DH played with him in the morning, fed him and put him down for his naps. After that we took a quick run to the grocery stores to get some vegetables then came home. DH put him down again for his nap and proceeded to watch his football while I made some puree spinach. DH had to sleep in another room because he had to leave at 5am for work.


Day 5: I had to deal with my lil guy ALL day!! It was exhausting!! DH had to leave early for work. We went to my old work place to see my ex co worker then came home. I believe that my lil man gets bored really quickly and needs more stimulation to make him tired and not so bored! DH didn't get home till much later and by the time DH got home to play with him for a little while he was already cranky and wanting to go to bed.




 Going for a walk 

Day 6: DH once again had to leave early! I took him out to the grocery store to get a turkey for thanksgiving. We went out for 2 hours and when we got home he only napped for 30 minutes!! Sometimes he can nap longer and sometimes he just takes quick nap. Thankfully DH came home at a decent time that day. We went for  a walk in the evening but quick came home because I thought it was relatively warm and did not bundle my lil guy up and told DH no need to wear long pants etc..Needless to say we were all cold!!Came home DH showered while I fed and bath my lil guy. Then DH played with him while I shower and we ate quick. Bed time!!


Day 7: We hung around the house because traffic is just crazy! Everyone is either shopping last minute for thanksgiving or going out of town. DH didn't want me to be driving around.


Day 8: Thanksgiving Day!! DH was home so he could entertain him while I cooked. (Will blog about out thanksgiving day later)


I'm slowly getting the hang of just the both of us. I wanted to take him to the little gym but unfortunately the schedule clashes with his nap time and is thanksgiving week so they are close a few days. I am slowly trying to manage my time more like putting him on the bjorn while I vacuum and do laundry, Mopping and cleaning while he's napping etc...I'm getting pretty proud of myself!!

3 comments:

  1. Def not easy to handle baby on your own! I think it's more tiring than going to the office. ;)

    Is the Bjorn good? I've been contemplating getting one. (it's darn expensive here!). My ring sling is good for feeding on the go, but I'm starting to feel the uneven weight distribution as bb gets heavier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my bjorn because the baby can face forward that was the whole reason why I got the bjorn but the bjorn can't hold N any much longer as he's getting big and heavy. I am thinking of getting an Ergo or Beca gemini because those you can carry the baby on your back.

    I am not sure if it will be a great idea for you to get a bjorn now since Baby Erin is already 5 months old so even if you get it Baby Erin might not fit into it very long. How much is bjorn there? Do you guys have Beca or Ergo there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx for the tip! Yeah, probably too late to get the Bjorn for Bb Erin. It's about RM500 (around USD150) here, depending on the model. Have not heard about Beca or Ergo tho.

    We somehow survived without a carrier for Elyssa, so I guess we do it again. He he.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...