Friday, November 18, 2011

Alone with my lil guy

Ever since my lil guy was born I've always had help taking care of him. In the hospital it was hubby, dr's and nurses. When we came home it was hubby and my parents. 


My mom's been here with me for more than 5 months now and the last time she saw my sis it was just a few days when she came down to see us in July. I think it would only be fair for my mom to go over to spend some thanksgiving and some time with my sister before she goes back to Malaysia. I mean she came here for so long I cannot be so selfish have her all to myself. 


So we decided that my mom should hang out with my sis for two weeks. Mom got her plane tickets last month to prevent needing to pay the price increase for thanksgiving travel. My mom's flight was on wed (11/16). On Tuesday I found out I had this. Great! I'm suppose to rest a lot etc but my mom will be gone the next day. There was no way we were going to change her plane ticket because it will be too troublesome and it will cost to change her ticket. 


Wednesday morning we all took my mom to the airport. Then when we got back hubby had to go to work. I basically dealt with my lil the rest of the afternoon. Not that bad but was a little tired and thankfully hubby came home pretty earlier so he help feed and bath our lil guy then I put him to bed. Phew! Not too bad...survived!


The next day we got up and hubby played with him for a little while and hung around to do some work. Then I put him down for his first nap which went pretty good. After that it was pretty bad. He refused to nap and all day long he only managed to take 2 hrs nap! I know he can do better than that because he's been getting at least 2.5-4 hrs nap in the past two weeks! I tried to rest as much as I can but of course dealing with a cranky baby that refuse to nap and three dogs was almost impossible. I tried going for a walk with him hoping that he will fall asleep but he would not. Well by 5ish he was cranky and getting tired. I quickly fed and bath him. He went to bed at 7pm! After he went to bed only I was able to do other stuff. 


Okay! I survived..Survived my first 24hrs with him. I am not sure if I'm just not entertaining enough for him that's why he's not that tired or he just misses his popo (grandma)..Hubby thinks he misses popo...


I have 13 more days to go...wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...