Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Dealing with mastitis

Last month when I was pumping I found quite a bit of blood clot in my milk plus I think my milk duct was plugged. Two nights ago when the lil guy would nurse my left boob my nipple would hurt really bad. I assume cause he was yanking and pulling my nipple. Then the bottom of my boob hurts and was hard. I felt like I had a fever and I was not feeling well at all.


I called my ob's office when I didn't feel better at all after trying applying hot compress, hot showers and pump. She suggested I continue doing what I'm doing and see if it gets better. This morning when I woke up I still felt the same. I called my dr.'s office again and they suggested I go in to see them.


Unfortunately today has to be the day where it would rain cats and dogs! I was miserable and I could not be away from home long because I didn't plan to be out at all hence I didn't pump any milk or defrost any milk from the freezer. I was afraid that my lil would want some milk when he got up from his nap thankfully everything was alright when I got back. (I did have about 2 oz of milk in the fridge so I told mum if she has too she can give him a "snack" first)


Anyway I've been trying to be really careful but yet I still have an infection! sigh! Hopefully I'll be better really soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...