Thursday, December 15, 2011

Being a tolerant person

I'm not a health or hygiene freak but with a new born around I always try and keep him in a clean and hygiene surrounding. I wash my hands all the time and especially before carrying him. Because of my little OCD I've not very often allow the dogs to jump on me because if I do I'll have to bath and change. Even every once in a while we let our lil guy pet daisy and we will wash his hands! He's at this age where he puts EVERYTHING in his mouth plus he's teething!

Many people that wants to carry my little man always washes their hands before carrying him and ESPECIALLY after petting the dogs. Even though some people have had kids will pet the dogs AND wanting to carry my guy after that OR carry my guy and pet the dogs. I keep my dogs clean but it does NOT mean that u can touch any clean dogs and touch my child!

Another thing is my lil man does not like some people so either u deal with it or wait till he warms up! Some people just wants to carry him and not only make him fussy but will do anything to carry him like giving him other kids toys for him to play! Not only that but letting him put it in his mouth!! That just PISSED me off.. Common use that brain of yours!! I'm sure that is not much harm but is so unhygienic since I'm positive the other kid put that toy in her mouth or throw it every where!!

I don't care who they are if my child don't like you to carry please don't!! I do not mind taking care or carrying my own child so you don't have to keep forcing me to let you carry him!

I honestly do not think that I'm being unreasonable at all. If you cannot be hygienic then just don't come near or carry my lil guy. I am not trying to put him in a "bubble" but he's only six months old I would like to keep him as healthy as possible especially when he was just born!

I can tolerate certain behavior to a certain level but when it comes to my child people need to learn how to back off!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so true. I for one do not carry babies coz when the mother of the baby hands the bub to me, that little fella will be squirming and trying to get comfy. So I just say no each time my coworker ask if I want to carry her bub. I do see some of the ladies here are nuts about carrying other's babies. Hello!! First off like you said does the mother wants you ladies to carry the bub and where have you guys been to before.

    Goes to show I'm not a baby person! :) My mom and all mothers told me babies know if the person carrying them is uncomfortable. Like animals too have that gut feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Touching a dog (no matter how clean) and then touching my baby is definitely a No-No for me! But I'm rather relax in other areas. He he..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn: Im sure ur co worker don't mind you carrying her baby. I don't mind them too as long as my baby don't mind the person carrying him. What I mean is when some people INSIST on carrying him even when he cries or fusses. Not only once but try SEVERAL time. Common lah pitty my little guy. Yeah I think baby and animals can sense if they like that person or not. Supposedly they can sense if the mom is stress etc too..

    Aiyoo dawn I'm sure when you carry a baby or have one ur maternal instinct will come out! :)

    Adrine: actually for me as long as they wash their hands and are clean before they touch my lil man I'm fine. I think cause he's still small and I really would hate if he got sick cause he cannot talk and it'll be frustrating for him and me especially when he's in pain or uncomfortable and cannot tell me.

    Makes me mad when people don't have any brains! I think is simple common sense to wash ur hands and make sure ure clean before touching and infant. Duhh that's why there is sanitizer EVERYWHERE in the hospital. I just think some people are just stupid! If they are they should not touch my child that's all. They can touch other people's that are not so particular like me I guess. Lol sorry it just anger me especially when that person give him other people's toys so be can put it in his mouth just so she can carry him!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...