Thursday, May 3, 2012

Day 20

I've been meaning to update about my fury friend and my little guy but life has just been a little hectic for me. Nothing much but just the same old like trying to juggle between the house hold, kitchen, two fury babies and especially my little monster!


I really miss my westie a lot! Everything in this house reminds me of him. He's. been with me fair share amount of time and I can't stop thinking about him.


Just one week after we gave him up he's already showed improvement. He was off the ecollar and was only scratching a little. He's happily playing with the other dogs.


This week when I called the lady (not his foster mom) she said his skin is already showing vast improvement. Skin getting softer and he's not itching! Man I really wish I can see him.


I didn't ask to see him ( at least not yet) because I was talking to a few people and DH they said that is not a good idea because he will think we are going to go pick him up! It will mess him and me up emotionally. Which I totally agree. Now that he's better and has settled in I really don't want to mess him up. As much as it hurts me and miss him every time I see his pictures all over my house I have to think about him. I don't want him to get confused if he sees me and wonder why he's not going home with us.


Listening to everything apart of me thinks that we really made the right decision. In as little as 2.5weeks he's already improved drastically! I've been giving him treatment for the last 2 years and he has not showed improvement like this! This was the main reason why we decided to give him up is to find help for him. His foster mom deals with dogs that has his condition and worst so ultimately they know what they are doing and gets the dogs well quickly. She is also retired so she has all the time in the world to treat these dogs.


I just pray his condition will continue improving. We miss you very much and we talk about you all the time!!!xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey Melissa, I'm happy to hear about Stanley's progress. Can you bring him back when his condition is healed? Or is it given up to the Westie place for good? So sad to even type this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot just bring back like that. When we took him there we gave up our rights to him. We basically gave him up to the rescue. DH had to sign papers. We can try and adopt him again when he's ready to be adopted but the rescue is very strict about who adopts the dogs they have. There are certain requirements. I am not sure since we gave him up if they will approve us. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...