Sunday, June 10, 2012

ONE

I cannot believe my baby turned ONE! Sob sob.. His journey into toddler hood has begun! It just seems like yesterday that I was heavily pregnant and was anticipating his arrival! Hoping and praying that everything will go alright and that I have a healthy and happy baby.

Fast forward 12 months later I have a healthy and mostly happy boy!! This little guy has not only have me wrap around his little fingers but he has his daddy, my parents even my sister!! He really knows how to charm people!

I am really happy that my sister got to celebrate his FIRST birthday with us. Plane tickets were sky rocket high but my sister and her friend made an effort to come down and celebrated his birthday with us. hooray!!!

I was planning on having a huge birthday party for him, but after doing some research I decided not to because they said that kids at his age does not know how to appreciate a birthday party and it can be too over whelming for him as well.


I later decided we will just go a simple dinner with family and friends and be done with it. It was just my sis, her friend, another friend that was living here and her family, SIL and just us. There were 7 adults and 3 kids including my little guy. My little toddler refuse to take a nap so he fell asleep on the way to the restaurant and slept the entire meal!!(mummy get to enjoy the meal ^_^)


I actually baked him his FIRST cake!! Initially I was planning on buying a cake for him but hubby complained that I spend so much money buying wilton decorating caddy and have never used it. I even went out to hunt for another tip thinking I was going to use it! I didn't end up using the new tip! I promised hubby that I will try and bake and use the caddy at least once a month to practice for his second birthday! LOL

Everyone actually did say not bad for the first time trying to decorate a character. I was actually very nervous and stressed out! I was afraid the cake would not turn out (which it didn't the first time) and I was afraid that I would not know how to decorate or mess up decorating the cake! I am grateful that everything actually went well..phew!!



By the time he got up he was cranky. Sigh!!I think it was because he got up in a foreign place and it was pretty noisy in the restaurant. Then there was all the different strangers looking at him. He wasn't even cheerful enough to cut his cake!


I am really happy that I managed to bake him his FIRST cake and being able to celebrate his first birthday with close family and friends. The only people that are missing is his favorite poh poh and gong gong (maternal grand mother and grandfather) also his god parents! If all four of them were here this would be the best celebration I think a little boy like him can ask for!!

Happy Birthday my little man!! Mommy, Daddy, Gong Gong, Poh Poh and Yi Yi loves you dearly. We will always love you!!Maybe you have a great year ahead of you!! XOXO


1 comment:

  1. The cake is not bad looking at all for a first timer! It's edible that's all it matters! Hehehehe. Your boy looks so much like daddy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...